And this is the corner of my mirror, which I’ve draped with some pearl necklaces (this gold and tea colored one from Forever 21). Clipped to it are some of my favorite bows, and my favorite hairpiece, my 6% doki doki mini hat. I also keep notes from friends on cute stationary – these are from Kandy and Michelle :) The lollipops stuck the mirror are actually window clings. Mine are from Mother Garden, but there are usually plenty of heart ones available for Valentine’s Day.
Here’s a few other ways you can dress up a bureau, small table, or vanity:
- Display your favorite wig on a wig head, perhaps with your best hair accessory. I love seeing the big pink curls on my bureau, and it keeps all of the hair in good condition.
- Tack up photos or sentimental notes to a mirror or ribbon-board, whether these be of friends or photos you loved in magazines.
- Put down a piece of lacy fabric or an embroidered table runner for a spot of color. Look in estate sales or flea markets for something vintage.
- Tack colored fairy lights or floral vines above the mirror or bureau; or just drape swags of pretty tulle.
- Dried, real, or faux flowers in a vase can be interspersed with decorative pens or makeup brushes. I somehow amassed a collection of princess scepters that are mixed in with my rose.
- Got a lot of nail polish bottles? Arrange them in a holder or a row in rainbow order. I keep all my different shades of pink visible.
If you’ve seen some of these photos before, it’s because I’ve just been bitten by the tumblr bug. You can follow me here. Be warned that the main themes are pink, poodles, and shoes I wish I owned ;)